Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Melbourne Rawks!

Runi and I have just arrived back from a fun trip to Melbourne. I am so grateful for all the support we received for the "Art of Raw" Melbourne class last Sunday!!!
So much work goes into preparing for the classes and with over 40 beautiful beings in the class we couldn't do it alone. When we are in Melbourne we stay with John and Anne (my parents) who give us so much support: They let us take over their kitchen and use their cars for 5 days plus much more!! Also, I would like to thank Myree for her focussed and loving help on the day and my sister Catherine for giving us a helping hand as well.

Last but not least I would like to thank all of you who attended the class!!! You were all incredibly gracious in hot and testing conditions.

A snap shot of our travel routine
When we travel our daily routine changes: while in Melbourne Runi and I wake up and go jogging around beautiful Wattle Park. Wattle Park is an oasis in the suburbs of Melbourne full of native trees and abundant bird life. The air is laden with the scent of Eucalyptus and it is so delicious to deeply inhale while jogging. When I was a child I used to love visiting this park, climbing all over the old Trams which are parked there and feeling like it was so big it must go on forever.

After jogging for half an hour we meditate for 20 minutes and then have breakfast - for me a mango, paw paw (papaya) and rainbow chard smoothie (2 mangoes, 1 small papaya and 3/4 of a bunch of chard blended with a glass of water) for Runi 1/2 a rock melon and 2 bananas and a handful of lychees. Runi and I often have different breakfasts though we usually share a luscious salad for lunch - including a generous amount of leafy greens, cos lettuce, rocket, baby spinach, parsley with chopped carrot, cucumber, avocado, tomato. We usually make a dressing, one of our favourites of late is the juice of a lemon with 2-3 tablespoons of tahini and a dash of wheat free tamari. I usually like to add some seaweed into the mix. Either nori, dulse or kelp (sometimes all three!) As we were preparing for a class we were also testing the meals we were preparing -in particular -raw pizza, pumpkin soup, chocolate bananas. I find we only really eat rich gourmet raw food around the time of the classes, which is fun once in a while. For dinner I would usually go for fruit such as 2 mangos and 2 nectarines as fruit digests easily before I go to bed. Runi often prefers to have a salad for dinner. However, one evening before the class I was experimenting with chocolate banana icecreams on a stick and I couldn't go to sleep until 3am due to the buzz it gave me!!! Hmmm someone has to do it.

Here is a photo of the some raw cacao butter being melted in warm water. It melts at 40C. We then dip half a frozen banana on a stick into the choc sauce (made from raw cacao powder, raw cacao butter and agave nectar) and here is a some what sexy and suggestive photo of beautiful Runi about to sample the first one. Raw food is so much fun!!! Love peace blessings xxx

No comments: