Friday, January 11, 2008

Hepatitis C, raw food and thank you!


Wow, we really thank everyone who has posted comments on our blog! Thank you for your feedback, encouragement and positivity, it really inspires us.

If you haven't done so already you can have our blog emailed to you by subscribing at www.rawpower.com.au make sure you fill in the blog form at the top of our homepage as our newsletter is a separate publication.

One last technical detail. Today's blog will go out to all our newsletter subscribers as well as to those of you have subscribed to our blog so I apologise if some of you receive this twice. As of the next post you will only receive this blog if you have specifically subscribed to it. If you don't wish to subscribe you can visit at your own leisure at http://onelusciousbite.blogspot.com

My Hep C journey
I would like to share something personal with you which may give hope to Hepatitis C carriers (and also anyone else suffering from chronic disease)

As a legacy of my past drug usage, I have what the medical establishment call Hepatitis C. I must have now had it for at least 22 years as it has been that long since I used drugs. It was only by chance that I discovered it's presence around 7 years ago. The way Hep C is commonly detected is through a liver function blood test: the liver leaks larger than usual quantities of an enzyme called ALT into the blood stream and this is picked up in the blood test.

Hep C is now the number one cause of liver cancer and liver transplants. It often takes 15-20 years before the liver damage really kicks in with cirrhosis and cancer being 2 frequent out comes, not to mention nausea, fatigue and flu like symptoms. The medical world treats it with a drug called Interferon which is incredibly invasive and disabling for many people who take thte 12 month treatment. I have always steered clear of this treatment in favour of a natural approach. Apart from being a toxic chemical which was never meant to be in my body, it often doesn't work especially with the more virulent Hep C genotype one (which I have)

Ok, here is my experience: before I changed my diet to living organic foods 5 years ago my liver function tests would regularly come in with abnormally high ALT readings. For the past 3 years ALL of my tests have come back normal and this is despite having a very high viral load (there is still plenty of the virus present in my blood)

Conclusion? While I am only one person and I can't say with certainty that my approach will work for everyone, it appears that with a raw food diet, exercise meditation and a positive attitude, a potentially lethal virus can be present in your body with out causing any damage.
Somehow, my immune system is dealing with it. I truly believe that our bodies are self-healing mechanisms, which given the right nourishment will heal themselves. My next goal is to see if I can completely remove the virus. Stay tuned in........... Also, if you know of anyone who has removed the virus naturally, I would love to hear about it!

Salad Dressing Recipe
Here is a photo of Runi dressing (a delicious salad:-) - the ingredients for this dressing are:
2 x kefir lime leaves
3cm stalk of fresh lemongrass (from the base)
Juice of one lemon
1/4 chilli
1 stalk of spring onion
1 handful of fresh herbs (coriander and basil)
4 tablespoons of tahini
1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 dash of wheat free tamari
Enough water to make it runny.

Directions: blend in a powerful blender until smooth. (You really need a good blender. Cheap blenders won't chew through the lemon grass)

Yummmm!


Love peace blessings and radiant health to all

Anand and Runi

5 comments:

heath said...

ah bravo,, i am a naturopath of 11 years and a raw fooder of modest 4 months..
raw fooding keeps the body vital enough to maintain balance even with virus etc... its never the virus that kills us its the acidic toxic environment that disables the bodies adaptive mechanisms. its all about the vital force or chi, or prana,,,, the one thing raw food has in abundance...

now all you have to do to get the HepC virus out of your system is use living microbes..."Sanum Remedies"...
google and read up on "Pleomorphism" "Prof. Enderlein" and "Bechamp" and "Sanum"....
Sanum remedies are living microbes used as medicine,,,what you do is breed the virus back to a non pathogenic stage... you can't kill it, you breed it out... you will do it easy..may take 3 or more months but due to your raw fooding there will be no obstacles..
Consult a practitioner but you will be looking at the remedies "Pinokel" and "Quentakehl"...
good luck

Anand said...

Thank you Heath! I will definitely investigate your suggestion. I will let you know how it goes. Blessings
Anand

Jessica-Lauren said...

Dear Anand,
I was guided to your blog by a very special person who decided to read one of my blogs about my mother who recently is suffering from hepetis c. These past 5 months have been rough. I am her youngest daughter at the age of 22. I feel that I am the one who fears each and everyday for her life, and struggle with her bad habbits of eating, smoking and drinking alcohol. She never wanted to listen to me when I told her to refrain from alchohol but then recently she left for for vacation and nearly died there because she retained so much water from her liver. it was just my father and mother on vacation and if i had been there i would have taken her home immediately. She stayed the whole 11 days... and she was immedeiately sick the first 3 days. My father and mother can really push their limits when it comes to their health so when my mother was that sick she refused to mention to us back in canada she was ill.. when she came back she was in the hospital for 2 weeks fighting her illness... I was destroyed. I feel I need to take care of my mother and Im not exatcly sure how to.. I feel a great big burden. I was told by this special person who guided me to your blog that I should get my mother on a live food diet which is all raw fruits and vegetables. I do try that but my mom still indulges in all her bad habbits except drinking alcohol. She will indulge in bad foods when im not there since I have university to attend and other responsibilities. I wanted to just mentiond that your blog is the best yet, I will always check up on your thoughts and information. I am learning all about Hep C and I feel I need to learn a whole lot quite quickly. Thank you for reading. It means a whole lot:) bye for now!

Jessica-Lauren said...

I would also like to mentino my mom is suppose to go on interferon really soon. I have a bad feeling about it but my dad and mom refused to hear me out... they have told her that through the process there is a moderate chance her liver will fail and that she will need a liver transplant. Im not sure what approach my mother should take...my father thinks interferon is the best approach.. If you have any more elaborative advice about the inferferon I would love to read about it because I dont wany my mother to risk her life if there are better chances through natural options. Thank you Anan for reading this once again. God bless you and I have you in my prayers for your future, your strength and your high wisdom on optimism for your condition. That is all very important and I am glad you have such beliefs that my mother and father don't seem to think are as strong as a doctors order on interferon.

thank you for reading my extremely long posts! I appreciate it.

Jessica-Lauren

Anand said...

Hi Jessica

Thanks for your email and sorry for my slow response. I have been away on holidays and am just back to a few hundred emails 

I would say it is definitely possible to reverse liver damage from hep c, however, I will say straight up that your mothers situation is a tricky one for you. If she is not committed to dramatically changing her lifestyle habits you are limited in what you can do for her.

In my own experience a predominantly plant based raw food diet has meant I have been able to live with hep c for 25 years and still maintain a healthy liver. I only began to improve my diet and lifestyle 8 years ago so it is never too late.

Perhaps if your mother is not up for making the lifestyle changes she would be better off doing the interferon treatment. I have 2 friends who have completely got rid of hep c (genotype 1 – the most tenacious genotype)) within 6 months with a new treatment which uses interferon plus another drug. The treatment can make some people feel very ill and not everyone is up for it.

I also know of another man who healed hep c with herbs – he has written book http://www.amazon.com/Triumph-Over-Hepatitis-Alternative-Medicine/dp/0967640415

Again to succeed in clearing the virus naturally (or reversing its damage) your mother would need to be very committed and focussed. Perhaps she will eventually come around if you keep encouraging her. While I would not resort to interferon myself, it may be the best option for your mother if she isn’t ready to change her lifestyle. I don’t know.

I hope this has been of some help.

By the way the blog you read is pretty old. I know post to a new blog at www.livefoodeducation.com

Wishing you and your mother well

Have a beautiful day!

Anand